CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Subject to the absolute discretion of the Auctioneer, the highest bidder to be the purchaser and if a dispute arises between two or more bidders the dispute may be settled by the Auctioneer, or the lot so in dispute may be immediately put up and resold.
2. The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the “HAMMER PRICE”. Any disputes will be settled at the auctioneers discretion
3. The seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on lots at the discretion of the auctioneer, The auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the seller for any lot on which a reserve has been placed.
4. All buyers must register before bidding.
5. The buyer shall pay a premium of 18% on the “Hammer Price” of each item, inclusive of V.A.T.
6. Payment must be made in Cash, Debit Card, bank draft or cheque (by prior agreement) The purchase price must be paid in full before a lot is released and title passed to the bidder.
Purchasers wishing to use credit cards may do so, however it should be noted that such payments will be subject to an administrative fee of 2% on invoice total.
7. Catalogue descriptions are intended to provide a general description of lots to help the prospective buyer. They do not always include details of damage or condition of lots. Buyers are advised to view each piece personally before the sale. Buyers are expected to form their own opinions as to the origins, date, condition, provenance or attributions of lots catalogued. The Auctioneer, R. J. KEIGHERY, not being responsible for the correct description, genuineness of, or any default of defect in any lot, and make no warranty whatever.
8. The property of a lot shall not pass to the buyer until the purchase price has been paid for in full, but the lot will be at the buyers risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer.
By delivering goods to City Auction Rooms for inclusion at auction each vendor acknowledges that he has accepted and agreed to be bound by all these conditions and that he has good and unencumbered title to the said goods. City Auction Rooms, as auctioneers have sole discretion of any lot in their catalogue, and the date and place of sale of such lots.
Commission & charges
Items of little value will be grouped together and sold in lots and can only be accounted for by lot and not in detail.
Payment of proceeds of sale